Drosera granules is a homeopathic medicine from the Boiron laboratory. This strain contains the following excipients with known effect: sucrose and lactose. It derives from a plant commonly known as drop grass, dew grass or sun dew. It is an insectivorous plant belonging to the Droseraceae family (droseraceae). Indeed, it feeds on small insects and shelters leaves with tiny tentacular cilia (ending in a gland). The latter contains a viscous liquid. The plant settles naturally in Australia, North America, Asia and Europe. It is a rare and particularly protected plant species in France. This terrestrial weed mainly prefers to live in acidic, humid and poor soils (peat marshes). This plant, 2 to 5 cm in diameter, has the scientific name Drosera rotundifolia.
In the Middle Ages, alchemists and sorcerers were the main users of this plant. In homeopathy, it is the fresh whole plant which is at the origin of the Drosera strain. An ultra effective remedy in case of dry cough.
The healing values of the homeopathic medicine Drosera
A homeopathic strain recommended for various sick subjects, the Drosera remedy shares properties febrifuges, antiseptics, bechics and antispasmodics. He intervenes to fight:
- Bronchitis, laryngitis, tracheobronchitis and tracheitis.
- Other ENT pathologies accompanied by multiple lymph nodes (cervical lymphadenopathy).
- Respiratory syncytial virus or RSV infections and whooping cough.
- Nasopharyngitis, acute synovitis and arthritis.
- Joint pain in the hip and shoulders (rheumatological conditions of infectious origin).
Other indications of sundew :
- In case of dry or hacking cough with difficulty in breathing and cough linked to tickling of the larynx.
- In case of dyspnoea or asthma aggravated by eating, speaking or laughing (in a subject of the tuberculin type).
Use and dosage of the homeopathic remedy Drosera
In case of hip cold or acute articular rhumatismDrosera is used in addition to allopathic or homeopathic treatments. Taking this medicine must at all costs be done outside of meals, tobacco and coffee. It is also necessary to favor the use of products without mint. For dosages of granules in galenic form:
- Dry cough (with breathing difficulty), 15 CH at the rate of 5 granules per day for 3 months.
- Laryngitis, asthma, bronchitis and tracheitis, 7 or 9 CH, 5 pellets after coughing fits (for 1 week).
- Articular pains of the shoulders or the hip, 7 or 9 CH at the rate of 5 granules. Treatment to be taken morning and evening, for seven days.
- RSV infections and whooping cough, 30 CH of Drosera, one dose per day for 4 days.