Hydrastis Canadensis refers to a small archaic plant native to the United States and Canada. This plant grows especially in the wooded regions of these countries. As a constituent, it harbors vasoconstrictor hydrastine. This explains its great performance in the treatment and relief of disorders affecting the mucous membranes. Also called Goldenseal, this plant belongs to the Ranunculacea family.
Homeopaths prepare the homeopathic medicine Hydrastis Canadensis from the rhizome of this herbaceous plant. The mother tincture comes particularly from its dried roots. The most used homeopathic forms are granules, doses and 6 DH drops.
The different treatments offered by Goldenseal Canadensis
The homeopathic strain Hydrastis canadensis has properties that act directly on the genital, nasal and oral mucous membranes. It offers antiviral, antiseptic and antibiotic actions. It therefore has many therapeutic advantages. Indeed, this remedy treats fungal, respiratory, digestive, gynecological, urological and hepatic infections. It can treat rhinorrhea cough, chronic bronchitis, nasopharyngitis, digestive tract and constipation.
Goldenseal canadensis heals gastrointestinal infections, calms biliary inflammations and calms conjunctivitis or eye irritations. It regulates digestive pathologies, fights against cancer, cleanses the liver and protects the immune defense system. Hydrastis canadensis prevents recurrent urethritis and cures chronic constipation (due to an excess of laxatives). It can treat other discomforts:
- Oral aphtoses, mouth ulcers and perioral herpes,
- Dyspeptic syndromes, chronic gastritis,
- recurrent leucorrhoea,
- Hepato-digestive syndrome with anorexia,
- Nasal secretions (yellowish and thick), gastric secretions, urethral secretions,
- Sinus burning, postnasal drip,
- Frontal sinusitis (acute or chronic), pharyngitis at the slightest cooling,
- Anorexia, weight loss with fatigue, deterioration of general condition (especially in cancer patients).
Goldenseal Canadensis and its different dosages
Here are the homeopathic uses and the dosages of Goldenseal Canadensis :
- In urology, 5 CH at the rate of 5 granules per day for 3 months (in long-term treatment).
- In gastroenterology, use 5 granules 3 times a day, 5 CH.
- To cure the hepato-digestive syndrome, take 3 or 5 CH/6 or 10 DH at the rate of 3 granules twice a day.
In pulmonology and ENTtwo dosages can be used:
- In low dilution, 5 CH or 6 DH, 5 granules twice a day for one week. This promotes secretions.
- In high dilution, 7 CH to 15 CH, 5 granules twice a day for 7 days. You can choose this option if you want to dry up the secretions.
This homeopathic remedy is to be taken apart from the usual three meals, coffee, mint and tobacco. Regarding the doses and the granules, they are to be left to melt under the tongue.