Thanks to these few tips, take full advantage of the Christmas and New Year’s Eve celebrations without gaining two or three kilos in a very short time.
As an aperitif
Tell yourself that zakouskis, crisps, toast and peanuts are great providers of calories. The alternative: vegetable sticks and vegetable verrines.
A glass of raw champagne rather than a kir, a sweet cocktail or a port (too much sugar in addition).
- Lots of water, trying to limit wine consumption to one glass per course. Wine is drunk for pleasure and not to quench one’s thirst (for that, there is water…).
- Sweet on bread and butter.
- Plenty of vegetables.
- Beware of sauces and fried or baked foods.
- Eat slowly, chew food well.
- Do not refill (except vegetables, if you still have a little peckish).
- Do not sauce your plate.
Avoid accompanying the cheese with bread (especially if it is with raisins or walnuts). Wholemeal bread is best with bread.
Runny cheeses like Brie and Camembert, as well as blues, are high in calories.
One piece of log is fine, but two is a lot.
A fresh cream pastry is preferable to a cream, butter or caramel cake.
Prefer bavarois, sorbets or fruit salad.