The month of March, its showers, its short nights, our lack of energy… we still have several weeks ahead of us before we get back to sunny days. But never mind, we have some tips to improve your sleep and regain energy before the arrival of spring!
- Optimize your bedroom environment
It’s the first thing you can easily do to improve your sleep. You should feel comfortable in your room so that your body and mind are as relaxed as possible. You can therefore devote 5 minutes in the evening to tidying up and cleaning the bedroom, and change your sheets regularly, in order to limit the presence of dust mites.
The other essential daily gesture for a healthy room is to ventilate at least 10 minutes in the morning after getting up and/or in the evening before going to bed. Also, resist the urge to adjust your radiators to the maximum, the ideal temperature should be between 18 and 20°C!
- Establish a routine in your rhythm
The body likes to be regular, whether in eating or sleeping. To keep the rhythm and help the daily resynchronization of the biological clock, our body needs landmarks. Thus, the more regular your schedules and the number of hours of sleep, the easier it will be for you to fall asleep.
Light is the natural clock that is sometimes difficult to follow with our modern pace of life, especially during short winter days. However, light influences melatonin, our sleeping hormone! So try to make the most of natural light during the day, and on the contrary to avoid that of your screens before sleeping. Light therapy devices can also help you fall asleep and wake up gently, by reproducing a sunset or sunrise.
As we know, a balanced diet is essential in a healthy lifestyle. But to improve sleep and the quality of your sleep, certain foods should be avoided at dinner which, moreover, should be done at least 2 hours before bedtime.
- The legumeswhose fermentation time in the intestine is long and thus takes longer to be digested
- The Red meatfattier and longer to digest than other meats
- From spicy dishes or very salty, which will make you thirsty during the night
- The alcoholwhich despite the impression of drowsiness it can give, dehydrates and can lead to inflammation of the digestive system
- The excitingsuch as chocolate or tea or coffee drinks
- The too greasy dishesdifficult to digest and which may give you an upset stomach at night
- Foods that promote bloating and flatulence, such as broccoli, cauliflower…
- Foods that contain sodium glutamatea flavor enhancer that is also a stimulant, and widely used in Asian cuisine, industrial ready meals, concentrates, sauces, crisps, aperitif cakes, etc.
- Help yourself with aromatherapy
In addition, natural solutions exist, such as aromatherapy, that is to say the art of healing with plants. Aromatherapy refers to the active ingredients present in essential oils, essences and hydrosols. Essential oils are fragrant substances derived from plants and obtained mainly by distillation. Their actions are beneficial for health and really bring a state of well-being and a healthy lifestyle on a daily basis.
They are therefore used in particular to promote sleep. The best known for this need is the essential oil of lavender, but others are also effective, such as the essential oil of neroli, that of orange – sweet or bitter – or that of basil. You can make your own mixtures, but be careful, handling essential oils when you are not initiated can be dangerous. So prefer to use ready-to-use products that are safe and suitable for the whole family. This is the case, for example, of MAËLLYA products.
The shopping idea: Doux Rêves room spray by MAËLLYA, which relaxes and promotes sleep thanks to a unique synergy of 15 100% pure and natural organic essential oils.
Essential oils used: Sweet and bitter orange, fine and coarse lavender, Roman chamomile, tropical basil, clary sage, sandalwood, ylang ylang, neroli aurantium, red mandarin, cypress, palmarosa, exotic verbena and shell marjoram.
This spray will bring you rest and relaxation at bedtime, its very pleasant smell will also perfume your room. Thanks to the synergy of selected essential oils, this 100% natural and ready-to-use mixture has been designed to allow you real relaxation to promote sleep, and help reduce the tensions of the day or a state of stress.
Available in supermarkets or on maellya.fr. 100ml – 12.75€
An extra gift
MAËLLYA being the partner of PRESSE SANTE, you benefit from a FREE moisturizing hand washing gel for any order on the maellya.fr website by entering the code “PRESSE-SANTE-HYDRA” in your basket.
* The information and services available on pressesante.com in no way replace the consultation of competent health professionals. [HighProtein-Foods.com]