Toe and foot fungus are common ailments that are usually caused by dermatophyte. These two types of conditions do not cause serious risks if they are taken care of in time. Moreover, they are always annoying, unpleasant, contagious and resistant. If the disease gets worse, you risk possible amputation. Onychomycosis of the feet usually causes crumbling and thickening of the nail. Toenail fungus causes redness and irritation.
What are the symptoms of these two types of yeast infections?
We have already seen that the foot fungus or athlete’s foot is a superficial infection caused by a fungus. We will now know all the symptoms: itching, oozing and skin burns. The signs of foot fungus usually appear between the 3rd and 4th toe. The nails change appearance and adopt a certain color (most often whitish or yellowish).
The consequences can be significant:
- For the feet, the skin cracks and becomes mottled.
- The nails become fragile and break more easily.
- The soles of the feet become more scaly and thick.
Different approaches to treat yeast infections
You are dealing with a fungus on a toenail where/and a foot? You don’t know how to eliminate them naturally? Here’s what you need to know to treat this kind of infection. For take care of fungal infection on your toes or feetwe offer you our reliable, practical, efficient and easily accessible solutions.
Practical tips and advice to treat or avoid fungal infections
To reduce risk or to get rid of foot fungus and toenails:
- Have a healthy lifestyle. Wash your feet regularly and take care of your nails.
- Check your feet from time to time, especially the spaces between the toes.
- Dry your feet as much as possible before putting them in shoes that are not too closed.
- Prefer cotton socks.
- Apply essential oils (lavender, oregano and tea tree).
- Use aloe vera gel, which is well known for its antibacterial and antifungal properties.
- Make foot baths with salt water, baking soda, lemon juice and vinegar (a few powders and a few drops to add to the water).
- Avoid moist heat and excessive sweating or use antiperspirants.
- If you are sensitive, avoid walking barefoot in communal pools.
What are the therapeutic formulas that fight against fungal infections?
To relieve or eliminate toe and foot fungus, you can use several forms of antifungal medicines (tablets, creams, capsules, ointments, spray, powders or especially antifungal nail polish). If the infection is severe enough or worsens, consult a specialist doctor immediately.
How to find a doctor?
When you have a fungal infection or you encounter a health problem, then it is time to contact a doctor and make an appointment. Whether you see a general practitioner or a dermatologist for your mycosis problem, you will be able to find the doctor at the address indicated, because a plate is present most of the time with the name of the doctor and his specialty. Thus, you are sure that it is at this address that the practitioner is located. Thus, if you have an appointment with your general practitioner, you will be able to find a plate which indicates the specialization of your doctor, but that is not all. Indeed, in addition to the specialty of the doctor, it is possible that on this plate is registered if he receives patients by appointment or his telephone number in order to reach him if necessary. As a doctor, it is in your best interest to have a plaque at your place of consultation. Thus, if some people are looking for a doctor for health problems in your area, they will be able to know precisely the consultation conditions and whether you have a specialty or not. You will be able to reassure your patients so that they can find you more easily.