Garlic is a common spice that we often use in our kitchens. It can also come in the form of an essential oil, powerful and with many benefits.
Properties of garlic essential oil
This essential oil is characterized by the following properties:
It mainly comprises sulfur elements, steroidal saponins, as well as ajoenes. Garlic essential oil helps prevent and fight against bacteria, viruses, different kinds of intestinal worms and fungi. The diallyl trisulfide it contains makes it an asset powerful antimicrobial. It also presents, like all essential oils, the hydrophobic character. Our cells will become impermeable, that is to say difficult to penetrate by any unwanted external agents and bacteria.
Indications: in which cases to use garlic essential oil?
Garlic essential oil, through its aforementioned properties, is used in many situations:
- It protects against viral and bacterial infections. Thanks to its antibacterial properties, it is recommended to treat different kinds of infections of microbial origin: flu, tuberculosis, bronchitis, etc.
- It can also be used in the treatment of cardiovascular disorders. This essential oil is indeed effective for regulate heart rate and hypertension.
- Garlic essential oil is also recommended in treatments for skin problems such as corns, warts and calluses. In case of insect bites, and different forms of itching as well, it is often recommended.
- It also acts on the digestive tract, to clean it after the passage of worms or intestinal parasites.
- And finally, it is used in the context of hormonal treatments. In this case, it is called upon to work directly on our internal secretions.
In addition, this essential oil is recommended in certain cases of cancer treatmentbecause it helps to fight against free radicals.
Use of garlic essential oil
Garlic essential oil can only be used by inhalation. When a person has respiratory problems, just dilute 3 or 4 drops of garlic essential oils in a bowl of hot water. You have to put it on the table and sit near the bowl to inhale all the steam. You can lean directly on the bowl for more efficiency. If you can bear it, you can also lay a towel over your head and stay under the towel for 10-15 minutes. Do not exceed 3 times a day.
Precautions for using garlic essential oil
Without medical advice and opinions, she should not be used:
- In cutaneous application;
- By mouth;
- By broadcast.
Because of its particularly powerful smell, most often, it will be associated with other essential oils to reduce the effects, both in terms of smell and the power of garlic.
It should also be avoided during pregnancy and while breastfeeding, as well as on children under 6 years of age.