Dryness, muscle definition, weight loss
“Drying” is defined by the melting of body fat and the elimination of cellulite, as well as the reduction of subcutaneous water. The goal is often to obtain quality muscle definition and a prominent abdominal belt. The cut, or muscle definition phase, usually takes place following a mass gain that has made it possible to build as much muscle as possible, or simply after a click, a decision has been made.
Many practitioners like to set up this diet a few months before summer to display a physique worthy of the name on the beach, the rest of the year being more conducive to mass gain.
Nevertheless, burning fat requires building a solid foundation in nutrition, as well as knowing how to set up a suitable sports program. Finally, integrating quality supplementation is a plus for this type of objective.
- 1 A nutrition plan for effective weight loss
- 2 The training program for maximum muscle definition
- 3 Food supplements for muscle definition
A nutrition plan for effective weight loss
The nutrition plan aims to force the body to draw on its fat reserves while avoiding muscle wasting. This is why it is essential to burn more calories than you consumefollowing an exemplary food program.
Here are some important basics:
Set a realistic goal
NB: A more aggressive diet can lose a lot of weight very quickly, but research and experience have shown that there is a limit to the calorie deficit. If you exceed it too quickly, there is a strong risk of damaging your metabolism.
Control your calorie intake
Average daily caloric needs for a man:
– Low daily activity (including 30 minutes of sport): 2100 Kcal
– Moderate activity (including 1 hour of sport several times a week): 2500 Kcal
– Strong activity (including at least one hour of sport per day): 2800 to 3000Kcal.
Average daily caloric needs for a woman:
– Low activity (including 30 minutes of sport): 1800 Kcal
– Moderate activity (including 1 hour of sport several times a week): 2000Kcal
– Strong activity (including at least 1 hour of sport per day): 2400 to 2600Kcal
NB: These figures are averages and are in no way measures to be applied in absolute terms. These figures are intended to guide you and understand the control of your calorie intake.
Lower calorie but more frequent meals
If you eat fewer calories than usual, it is better to eat more frequently. Small, frequent meals enhance fat loss and prevent metabolism from slowing down. They also allow to have more stable energy levels and to limit the feeling of hunger.
Master your macronutrients
Respect the balance between proteins, lipids and carbohydrates to achieve your muscle definition goal.
– Drink more water (than water!)
– Have a diet rich in fiber (fruits and vegetables)
– Know how to manage a carbohydrate rebound for a boost of energy in training and not stagnate
– Set up a program of quality food supplements
The training program for maximum muscle definition
You are looking to burn fat while maintaining muscle mass. For this, you are going to have to train hard, frequently, and add cardio to your sessions.
A few basic tips
The basics of the program
Ratio training : weight training 75% and cardio 25%
Exercises: 50% basic exercises and 50% isolation exercises
Fillers: 50% rather heavy loads and 50% rather light loads.
Pause time between sets : 60 to 90 seconds
Training durationt: 75 min max
A few tips
– Learn to relax, stress raises cortisol which facilitates fat storage and decreases muscle recovery.
– Do 2 to 3 stretching sessions per week to improve recovery and avoid the risk of injury.
– For your cardio sessions, do not hesitate to set up “HIIT” or “High-Intensity Interval Training” which means: “high-intensity interval training”
Food supplements for muscle definition
The BCAAs: Leucine, isoleucine and valine are the 3 most crucial amino acids for building muscle, especially because they counter muscle catabolism (breakdown of muscle proteins).
The L-Carnitine: it improves the fat burning metabolism in full effort, to the detriment of carbohydrates.
Conjugated Linoleic Acid or CLA: CLA is an omega-6 fatty acid. It is renowned and widely used by people wishing to lose weight while maintaining muscle mass.
The Omega 3: they are part of the mono/polyunsaturated fatty acids and are essential for the proper functioning of our body. They improve the use of lipids by the body and the distribution of body fat.