Nux Moschata is the scientific name for nutmeg. It is the fruit (ovoid in shape) of a tropical shrub called “nutmeg tree”. Spice-like and brown in color, this nut shares a slightly sweet and warm flavor. This tree belonging to the Myristicaceae family can reach 15 m in height. Much appreciated in traditional medicinal use, but it seems to have an abortifacient effect. In the kitchen, this condiment should be used sparingly because it is powerful. Currently, it is used for its many health benefits. The Nux Moschata produces a homeopathic strain of limited action which deals in particular with digestive pathologies. In fact, it alleviates digestive disorders and facilitates digestion. We will see all the benefits of this homeopathic medicine prepared from “Nutmeg”.
Nux Moschata: prescriptions from homeopaths
the Nux Moschata presents a very famous homeopathic preparation in the improvement of health (organic and psychic). It acts in particular on the mucous membranes, the skin, the nervous system and the digestive sphere. These main fields of action are:
- Difficulties digesting, colic and acute diarrhea in children and adults.
- Bloating of the entire abdomen immediately after meals (with dry mouth and belching).
- Constipation without craving and discomfort during bowel movement.
- Seasonal depressions.
- Drowsiness (invincible due to taking medication, during pregnancy or during menstruation).
- Spasmophilia (with a tendency to syncope).
- Dry eyes, mouth or genitals.
- Dyspepsia and flatulence.
A true source of iron, zinc, copper and antioxidants, this remedy also participates in the bone consolidation.
Modes of care with this homeopathic medicine
The homeopathic strain Nux Moschata in its dosage:
- In case of oral, genital or ocular dryness, take Nux Moschata in 5 CH, 3 times a day.
- For seasonal depression, 15 CH of Nux Moschata should be administered, one dose per week.
- For phenomena of drowsiness and syncope, 15 CH with a taken daily for the long term as often as necessary.
- Nux moschata in the digestive, 7 CH at the rate of 5 granules (to be ingested 3 times in one day).
In general, Nux Moschata is used in the form of globules and granules. But you can also access other forms such as hydro-alcoholic oral solutions in drops or ampoules. Made from sucrose and lactose, this homeopathic product is to be taken at a distance from some substances. Indeed, it must be taken outside of coffee, tobacco and meals. No danger for pregnant women and children.