The homeopathic medicine Nux vomica comes from the vomitic nut, a seed from a shrub called vomica. A tree of the Loganiaceae family and from Southeast Asia. It is from its dried fruit that we obtain the strain and the mother tincture Nux vomica. This nut has several components: toxic alkaloids, brucine, strychnine and colubrine. This seed which makes you vomit is used particularly in cases of intoxication or nausea. This remedy exists in several forms: suppositories, ointment, granules, oral solutions in drops, ampoules, globule doses and oral powder. Generally, the modes of use do not require any medical prescription, they are given as an indication.
Under what circumstances can Nux Vomica be used?
The homeopathic remedy Nux vomica treats food poisoning and poisonings. Also intended for infectious nausea and migraines caused by motion sickness, excess food or drink. A very common and very effective remedy in homeopathy in the irritability treatment or anger. It acts on infant colic and mood disorders marked by aggression or stress.
It is also a homeopathic medicine particularly recommended in case of:
- Hemorrhoidal attacks with itching and improve by sitz baths (in cold water);
- Digestive discomfort such as stomach aches, constipation, infant colic, bloating or diarrhea;
- Respiratory ailments such as the flu or colds;
- Insomnia, sleep disturbances, difficulty falling asleep;
- ENT disorders: flu, infectious rhinitis, nasopharyngitis, colds, wet coryza;
- Hypersensitivity (to noises and smells) and spasms;
The Nux vomica strain cures the premenstrual syndrome, dyspepsia, aerophagia, gastroesophageal reflux and hangover. It is also an effective remedy to prevent or cure the effects caused by excessive alcohol consumption.
Dosages in the treatment of diseases
In homeopathy, Nux vomica dilutions range from 2 to 30 CH, and from 4 to 60 DH. Here are some dosages of this drug:
- Behavioral disorder, Nux vomica in 15 or 30 CH, 5 granules per day.
- Hemorrhoids and digestive disorders, 7 CH at the rate of 5 granules for 1 month. A dilution to be taken twice a day before meals.
- Abuse of alcohol, drinks or food, 7 to 15 CH at the rate of 5 granules every hour. You can space out the takes as you improve.
- Hangover, Nux vomica in 9 or 15 CH (depending on alcohol tolerance). A dose to swallow before the party begins.
- Infant colic, 5 CH at the rate of 5 granules (before each feeding) for 1 month. It is necessary to dissolve the granules in a teaspoon of water before administering them by bottle.