Following a bad digestion or an allergy to lactose, you no longer drink cow’s milk for a long time. To fill your protein intake, why not try a new form of milk: vegetable milk? Fortunately, there is a variety, it’s up to you. Take for example hemp milk, which is a drink that is amply rich in nutrients. It contains a whole bunch of minerals (magnesium, phosphorus, zinc, potassium and iron) and essential fatty acids (Omega-3 and Omega-6). It tastes somewhat similar to walnut.
What is the nutritional benefit of this milk?
The proteins contained in the hemp milk are complete and easily assimilated by the body. This drink therefore does not have any adverse effects or problems related to indigestion. It also offers a high amount of fiber and vitamin E. This drink can replace several foods of animal origin. Indeed, it is in the same way and has the same nutritional values as meat, fatty fish and eggs. A new discovery for vegetarians.
What is the difference between hemp milk and other milks?
Antioxidant and anti-inflammatory, it is one of the vegetable milks the richest and most generous in terms of food and health. Indeed, in addition to its culinary benefits, it maintains the good heart health, prevents certain cancers and regulates cholesterol levels. This milk also acts on the biochemical process of the nervous system, the sleep cycle, bone formation, muscle impulse or contraction, mood and intestinal transit. This naturally energy drink provides a healthy glow to hair, nails and skin. Therefore, its regular consumption is highly recommended.
How to consume hemp milk?
the hemp milk eaten plain or with honey, maple syrup, fruit, coffee, smoothies, tea, cocoa, whole grains, lean cheese, cinnamon or vanilla. It is also used in the manufacture of several recipes: cakes, pastries, desserts, biscuits, breads, milkshakes…
Homemade hemp milk: how to do it?
Here are the steps to follow to get a good hemp milk with subtle flavors:
- Take a large glass of hemp seeds (shelled) and wash them,
- Put them in a large bowl and add 1000 ml of water,
- Soak the mixtures overnight,
- In the morning, drain the soaking water and rinse the seeds well,
- Add another 1000 ml of water and mix,
- Filter through a clean cloth and squeeze well to extract as much milk as possible,
- Pour the preparation into an airtight glass bottle,
- Use fresh or store in the refrigerator for 3 to 5 days.
* At press health we strive to transmit medical knowledge in a language accessible to all. In NO CASE can the information given replace medical advice. [HighProtein-Foods.com]