The different circumstances of life bring us to endless stresses. This leads to the dysfunction of our metabolism, especially the heart. On the other hand, to stay in good shape and to have a better condition of life, it is always important to monitor the health of your heart. Remember to always control and lower your blood pressure, as hypertension is a major risk factor for cardiovascular disease.
Why do you need to lower your blood pressure?
For avoid cardiovascular diseases, you need to lower your blood pressure. Indeed, hypertensive people risk serious illnesses such as stroke, blood circulation disorder, significant palpitations, heart attack and sudden death.
Lower your blood pressure with salt reduction
Hypertension is one of the most dangerous risks of cardiovascular problems. It is usually due to an excessive consumption of salt. Reducing your salt intake and lowering your blood pressure, is it possible? The answer is absolutely yes, because this substance removes water from blood cells and tissues. This increases the volume of blood. So salt reduction can really play a big role in heart health especially on high blood pressure.
If you are used to eating a lot of salt, here are our tips to help you gradually reduce:
- Avoid industrial products, deli meats, canned goods, aperitif biscuits and soups in sachets.
- If you feel that the salt in your food is not enough, do not rush to resalt it.
- Take only 150 g of rusks/day.
- Do not exceed 6 g/d. You can even replace the salt with aromatic herbs or spices.
Best way to get your high blood pressure under control
If your heartbeat is normal, it must be stabilized. But if you have hypertension, it is necessary to lower your blood pressure. One of the best ways to control high blood pressure is the diet. That is to say, eat healthy and balanced. Other interesting solutions:
- Dark chocolate and cocoa powders reduce the risk of high blood pressure.
- Rebalancing the heart rate by practicing physical activity and breathing exercises.
- Restful sleep and rest.
- Preferably lukewarm water (1.5 to 2 liters per day).
- Magnesium is essential for maintaining a regular heartbeat, regulating blood sugar levels and blood pressure. Consume 300 to 1000 mg per day.
Which foods to choose to lower your blood pressure?
here are some foods that help your blood pressure : wintergreen herbal teas, black tea, banana, avocado, kiwi, blackcurrant, seeds (sunflower and sesame), eggs, mushrooms, tomato, onion, cabbage, broccoli, garlic, hazelnuts, almonds, walnuts, vegetable oils (flax, rapeseed, olive), fish, meat…